Wow… the New TRC is actually nearing completion!!! I finished up most of the grunt-work this weekend. Now I just got a bunch of minor things that need tweaking. All the major creation and conversion is complete. I also need to figure out my new color scheme, and redo our logo for the finished product. Then its just a matter of setting google adsense up, and getting some feedback 😀
- Tag Archives Drupal 7
Progress is coming along nicely. I've got a lot of content moved over, a bunch of new stuff setup, and things are just going along smoothly.
A lot of things are going to be changing on TRC. For starters, the main site menu is being completely overhauled. I've reorganized most of the site content into the following sections:
I think it was pretty obvious that our site menu had gotten out of hand several years back, and is FAR too long as it currently is. This will help to streamline things quite a bit!
Looking over my laundry list of things that need to be done, I've got the Visitors section, Town Office pages, Submit forms, and then a bunch of little things here and there to finish up. I've taken a risky step, and set a deadline for all this. I'm hoping to have everything up and running by Labor Day. I figure if I have a date to aim for, I'm more likely to work on things.
If anyone would like to be a guinea pig and check out the progress, send me a message or email or smoke signal, and I'll let you look around 🙂
I'm making good progress in my TRC Overhaul. I've got the majority of my custom php content moved and working great! Tonight I spent toying with the article system, and I think I got the hang of it. I even got it so I can have a news article tagged for say, the Milo Library. And I can make it show up on their page! I'm quite proud of this actually. I figured it was going to be alot more complicated than it was haha.
But enough for now. Still a looooong ways to go.
I spent most of my 4 day mini-vacation working on Operation: Modernize (aka my TRC Overhaul). As of tonight, I have completed Stage Two, Phase One: Static Content. I've got all the simple, non-changing content converted over to the new platform. The next phase is converting the custom PHP content, which consists of the Calendar and the Directory. I'm hoping I can keep them in their current state, and essentially forklift them into Drupal.
Wish me luck, I'll probably start tomorrow. All done for tonight.
It has begun. My long awaited overhaul/modernization of TRC is slowly getting underway. I have dubbed this Operation: Modernize, as the main point of this project is to bring the beast that is the TRC website out of the dark ages. The site actually turns 17 this year, which is kind of insane when you really think about it. Originally it was designed in HTML, then upgraded to PHP years later.
My new plan is to convert the site entirely to Drupal. Using a system like this should improve the issues we've been having with viruses and the like over the past year. I'm tired of combating them, and its obviously an uphill loosing battle. Drupal will strengthen the security of the site, and allow us greater control over access to updating things.
It will be a long process, but I have started working on it. The ball is rolling!!