I managed to get out in the kayak today! Mike Davis and I paddled arond in the Penobscot River right here in Old Town for a bit this afternoon.
We saw a pair of bald eagles and a bunch of mallards.
Buddy went to the vet on Tuesday to get neutered. He did not have a great time, and spent two days hiding under my bed and futon. He pretty much hid as soon as I let him out of the cat carrier when I got home. He did try to come out later that night, but Mike’s dog Thor traumatized him and he didn’t come out for days. I eventually coaxed him out with some treats for a little bit.
On Friday, I broke down and took the Cone of Shame off. Buddy was immediately happy and started going back to his old self. He spent the first hour cleaning himself from head to foot. Since then, he’s been getting better every day. He’s currently sound asleep on my desk 🙂
So Buddy went to the Vet yesterday and got fixed. He’s been hiding under my bed since we got home. He did manage to get brave once last night and try to come out, but the friggen dog traumatized him into hiding under the futon in my office all night. Early this morning I heard him come back into my room, and he’s still there hiding under my bed.
I hate this 🙁
I spent the last 2 days completely overhauling my Imperial Senate Building. It always felt too small, and a bit crowded. It was also asymmetrical which bothered me.
The building now has a central dome, and two wings. The offices are much larger inside now too. As a side effect of this, I overhauled my large Map Room. I rearranged them and made the maps fit better, but I needed to expand a few to fill up the walls properly. This is where I ran into an ancient issue. The maps in the my Map Room were made eons ago, before they overhauled the map grid system. I couldn’t expand the maps, as new maps dont line up with the old ones. I had to redo ALL my maps. Luckily, two provinces turned out to be on the new grid system.
I spent yesterday doing some much needed updates to the Minecraft section of my website. I had yet to add several of the new locations, and a handful of other pages needed some pictures changed out. I also updated most of the provincial maps for the empire, as the roads have been redone to look more natural.
Here are some links to the updated pages if anyone is interested in checking them out 🙂
For ages now, I’ve been having issues with WordPress and uploading pictures or any type of file. You get these stupid annoying time-out errors, and have to try uploading the file numerous times, over and over. Believe me, its been annoying.
I finally fixed the problem! I sat here last night updating a TON of Minecraft pages here on my site, and had very few upload errors! I simply had to change the site over from running FastCGI to regular old CGI. Apparently it has longer timeout periods, and voila! the issue is no more.
It honestly makes me very happy!!