I did a bunch of maintenance on my WayFar hosting account today. It was much needed, and waaaay overdue. I purged a ton of old, out-dated accounts, backed up and removed over a dozen old databases, and fixed a growing slew of hacking issues. Damn hackers.
All in all, things are more organized, cleaned out, and streamlined. I also enabled a new enhanced security feature on every user that I’m hoping will cut down on the rampant hacking issues.
I spent this weekend doing a ton of web design work. I’ve made some major updates here on Sethen.com, including making the damn site finally work properly. I also started work on a website for my latest client.
Sethen.com My website has been acting up for SOME time now. Every time I’d go to edit something, I’d get random errors. Server 500 Errors were running rampant, and I had to switch the site out of HTTPS just to edit the menu. Things were out of hand.
I backed up the entire website, and practically rebuilt it piece by piece to find what was causing my problems. I also kept running the site through GTMetrix to help me work out my load errors. In the end, I found that two plugins were behind my woes – the one that auto-posted to Facebook, and the one that connected my site to my Piwik Stats site.
I found ways to replace the functionality of both of these, and we’ll see how it goes. I also managed to remove about a dozen plugins I didn’t need anymore, and removed several dozen files from the internal structure of the site that were years out of date.
All in all, everything is running better now. I also managed to figure out the built-in mobile version of my theme, instead of using the ugly one that looked nothing like my site. My site is now truly mobile-friendly. I also updated the logo for WayFar Design, as seen above 🙂
My newest client is the Stonington Public Library. I spent a good portion of Saturday setting up and designing their new website. I’m not ready to show it off publicly yet, so don’t go looking for a link 🙂
I made some good progress on the Minecraft website this weekend. Finished all the province pages, the city-states, and the South Province. Pretty much if the page is listed in the menu on the website, its finished.
In celebration of my Minecraft World turning 5 years old this month, I’ve begun a massive overhaul to the Minecraft section of my website. I’m going to be updating all the photos, and hopefully making some new videos! I’ve started by expanding so that there is a page for each location, organized into Provinces and Kingdoms, etc.
Since I recently updated Graycleft for the first time in at least 3 years, I’ve started with the West Province. Follow these links below to see what the new pages are going to look like!