I ended up staying home from work yesterday, as my head cold was getting the better of me, so I put that time to good use. I spent the afternoon finally making some headway on the Milo Historical Society website overhaul. I continued that progress this evening, and I’m going to do my best to keep it going all week.
So far, I’ve got WordPress all set up and mostly laid out. I’ve converted both the newspaper sections, and the celebrations. Moving all those images in the celebration section took all evening. I am excited though, as I found a plugin that will let me display PDF files directly in WordPress, without any need for an external plugin! Gotta love Google Docs. This will let me display the issues of the two newspapers that are PDFs in a much nicer way.
My favorite part so far is the header. I found a collection of old painted postcards of Milo, and cropped them to fit in the header image slot. It even picks one at random each time you load the page.
Here’s a sneak peak at what the site looks like right now. It is by NO means finished. If anyone wants a link to check it out, just ask!